ECCO IBD Nurse Education Programme
Objectives, programme, and facts
For several years ECCO has been exploring ways to increase nurse education opportunities throughout Europe. ECCO believes it is essential to develop a comprehensive, practical education programme for IBD nurses, which aims to increase the number of IBD nurses and enhances their role. Various discussions led by and with ECCO nurses have confirmed this need.
In line with these discussions ECCO complements the three nursing Educational Activities that are already offered at the yearly ECCO Congress, by launching a brand new IBD Nurse Education Programme. ECCO is pleased to announce that in 2018 the programme will take place in Italy!
This six-month programme consists of three pillars:
- Two 2 day face-to-face meetings in Milan:
- 1st F2F meeting on May 4-5, 2018
- 2nd F2F meeting on Nov 16-17, 2018
- Distance learning using literature and e-Learning materials
- One-week visit to an established IBD nursing centre in Italy
Each participant will have two mentors to guide them through the programme and assist with any language concerns. One will be an established IBD nurse either from the host country or another ECCO Member Country. The second mentor will be a physician from the hospital where the nurse works.
How to apply for the IBD Nurse Education Programme 2018 in Italy:
- ECCO IBD Nurse Education Programme participant application form, and
- Expression of support from your physician mentor
The minimum requirements are:
- Residence in Italy
- Intermediate level of English
- Interest in IBD, but not yet having received an intensive IBD nurse training
- ECCO Member in good standing (paid up membership for 2018)
ECCO will fully fund the nurses’ travel and accommodation for the face-to-face meetings in Milan.